What is God Doing?
Why does God allow Satan to desperately Try to Force All People to Worship Him Instead of God in the last days?
There is a time, at the end of this world's history, when Satan will pull all the stops in a desperate effort to have a whole world worship him instead of God. Jesus calls this time the time of sorrows. At this time, the end of the world, Satan will either win and have a world, or he will loose everything including life.
Let's look at some prophecies to see what Satan will do to try to stand on the throne of God. I have color coded the following texts to indicate various activities:
Red indicates what Satan will do to God's people. Green indicates what Satan will do to blaspheme God and try to take God's throne. Orange indicates what God does to judge Satan and to give the saints the kingdom.
- After this I saw in the night visions, and behold, a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, exceedingly strong. It had huge iron teeth; it was devouring, breaking in pieces, and trampling the residue with its feet. It was different from all the beasts that were before it, and it had ten horns.
- I was considering the horns, and there was another horn, a little one, coming up among them, before whom three of the first horns were plucked out by the roots. And there, in this horn, were eyes like the eyes of a man, and a mouth speaking pompous words.
- I was watching; and the same horn was making war against the saints, and prevailing against them,
- He shall speak pompous words against the Most High, Shall persecute the saints of the Most High, And shall intend to change times and law. Then the saints shall be given into his hand For a time and times and half a time.
- But the court shall be seated, And they shall take away his dominion, To consume and destroy it forever.
- until the Ancient of Days came, and a judgment was made in favor of the saints of the Most High, and the time came for the saints to possess the kingdom. Daniel 7:7-8, 21, 25-26, 22 NKJV
We start in the 7th verse of Daniel 7 by seeing that Satan is breaking in pieces and trampling the residue with its feet. The residue is really God's people. He is killing the remnant of God's people. Satan is allowed to prevail over God's people for a time, times, and part of a time. All this happens until Judgement occurs in Heaven and Satan is stopped.
This action of killing God's people, is confirmation that Satan does indeed have to have the vote of everyone living on the Earth for him to take the throne. We can see that the results of this intergalactic war is indeed dependent upon opinion.
Satan has started to eliminate the people who would stand in his way of being the king and leader of this world. Remember, Satan has to have as followers, everyone on earth who is alive. If Satan cannot trick the righteous into following him, then he will try to kill them outright.
In Daniel chapter 8, we see the same exact things happening.
- And out of one of them came a little horn which grew exceedingly great toward the south, toward the east, and toward the Glorious Land.
- And it grew up to the host of heaven; and it cast down some of the host and some of the stars to the ground, and trampled them.
- He even exalted himself as high as the Prince of the host; and by him the daily sacrifices were taken away, and the place of His sanctuary was cast down.
- Because of transgression, an army was given over to the horn to oppose the daily sacrifices; and he cast truth down to the ground. He did all this and prospered. Daniel 8:9-12 NKJV
Now we can see that Satan will try to exalt himself to the level of Jesus our Prince. Satan can be seen as trying to take over the whole world and exalt himself as the Prince of the host!
In Revelation, we see the exact same actions we saw in Daniel. I have color coded the following texts to indicate various activities:
Red indicates what Satan will do to God's people. Green indicates what Satan will do to blaspheme God and try to take God's throne.
Purple indicates what the wicked will do to serve Satan.
- "Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time."
- Now when the dragon saw that he had been cast to the earth, he persecuted the woman who gave birth to the male Child.
- And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. Revelation 12:12-13, 17.
Satan is enraged with all who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ. Satan knows he does not have much time left and he knows he needs to kill everyone who is loyal to God. We can see that Satan is enraged with those who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
It is clear that anyone who keeps all the commandments of God (that includes the Sabbath) and has the testimony of Jesus, is indeed loyal to God because they worship God with what they do and with what they say. They are completely loyal to God!
- And I saw one of his heads as if it had been mortally wounded, and his deadly wound was healed. And all the world marveled and followed the beast.
- So they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, "Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?"
- And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue for forty-two months.
- Then he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme His name, His tabernacle, and those who dwell in heaven.
- It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation.
- All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
- Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon.
- And he exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence, and causes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.
- He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men.
- And he deceives those who dwell on the earth by those signs which he was granted to do in the sight of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who was wounded by the sword and lived.
- He was granted power to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed.
- He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
- and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Revelation 13:3-8, 11-17.
We can see that the wicked worships the dragon (Satan) and the beast. All people who do not have their name written in the Book of Life will worship Satan! To get this to happen Satan had to deceive the whole world. They worship Satan because they want to save their own life, crying out: Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him? Satan causes all to receive a mark and that no one can buy or sell unless they have this mark. Later they will find out that they have lost everything when they thought to save their own skin and receive the mark.
It should be clear that the righteous of the world, living in the last days, will experience the same thing that Job experienced. Satan has probably demanded that all the people of the world are his and God probably said: "OK try them".
The last days are the trying time for God's people and the battle between Jesus and Satan is dependent upon what the righteous do. If they hold up, just as Job did; Then Jesus will be victorious in the war.
When Satan tries to Sit on the Throne and Rule the Earth, God then will Stand Up and End the War!
Satan will see that he can not turn the righteous toward serving him. So, in desperation, he will try to sit on the throne anyway despite the fact that he has no right to do so. It is at that time that God will stop him in his tracts because he will have gone too far. Look at the following texts:
Red indicates what Satan will do to God's people. Green indicates what Satan will do to blaspheme God and try to take God's throne. Purple indicates what the wicked will do to serve Satan. Blue indicates what God's people, the righteous will do to serve God. Orange indicates what God does to judge Satan and to give the saints the kingdom.
- And forces shall be mustered by him, and they shall defile the sanctuary fortress; then they shall take away the daily sacrifices, and place there the abomination of desolation.
- Those who do wickedly against the covenant he shall corrupt with flattery; but the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits.
- And those of the people who understand shall instruct many; yet for many days they shall fall by sword and flame, by captivity and plundering.
- Then the king shall do according to his own will: he shall exalt and magnify himself above every god, shall speak blasphemies against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the wrath has been accomplished; for what has been determined shall be done.
- And he shall plant the tents of his palace between the seas and the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and no one will help him.
- At that time Michael shall stand up, The great prince who stands watch over the sons of your people; And there shall be a time of trouble, Such as never was since there was a nation, Even to that time. And at that time your people shall be delivered, Every one who is found written in the book. Daniel 11:31-33,36,45;12:1.
Wow! In the verses above, we actually see that Satan will defile the sanctuary fortress, take away the daily, and place there the abomination of desolation. He will put his palace on the glorious holy mountain of God for the purpose of declaring himself as king.
When Satan places the abomination of desolation (planting his palace between the seas and the glorious holy mountain) he is saying: I rule the earth!
It is then that Michael (Jesus) stands up and Satan will come to his end! A time of trouble will occur at this time that will be unequaled in history and God's people will be delivered. Everyone who is found written in the book of life will be delivered!
Many people have thought that everything had been done at the Cross, when Jesus died. However, here in Daniel, we find that it is when Satan sits down as the ruler on Earth, that then and only then does God bring an end to Satan and his war against God and God's people. Satan has gone too far in fighting God and He will bring Satan to an end.
In the Book of Job, we saw that Job was tested for a time, however when it was all over, God rewarded him. God set things right.
In the last days, we will find that God's people will also be tested for a time, but when Satan steps over the line and sits down as God, then all evil will be brought to an end. It is at that time that the signs of God's wrath will be given unmixed with mercy. The plaques will be poured on the earth and God's people will be delivered.
Jesus, when He was on earth, mentioned this time as well:
- Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place (whoever reads, let him understand),
- then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.
- Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house.
- And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes.
- But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days!
- And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath.
- For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.
- And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect's sake those days will be shortened. Matthew 24:15-22.
Jesus says that when you see the abomination of desolation, when you see Satan standing in the holy place, where he should not be, then you better flee somewhere! Apparently it is going to be so bad, that if this period was not shortened, no one on earth would be able to live through it.
In the past, we have had nuclear bombs landing on a few cities and we have had wide spread wars. Who knows what might happen at this time of the end. Satan has lost the battle to get everyone to worship him, so now he is going to be desperately trying to take his rulership position by force. Since he is fighting against the Creator of all things he cannot win.
At this time Psalms 91 will be a very good source of comfort to God's people since they know that God will protect His people in this time.
What is Satan's strategy when he tempts people to follow him instead of God?